Question: Mike, we own Sage 100 (formerly MAS90) and we would like to know how to reverse a check and invoice in Accounts Payable.
Answer: Sage 100: How to reverse a check and invoice in Accounts Payable.
Steps are show below:
- First Modules>Accounts Payable>Main>Manual Check Entry, and type in the check number you want to reverse. The system will ask you “Is this a Check Reversal”, click Yes.
2. The system will them ask “Do you what to recall invoices paid by this check”, click Yes.
3. You will then see a negative check on the register, Accept and Post the Manual Check Register.
4. So now you want to reverse the invoice with an Invoice Reversal, go to Modules>Accounts Payable>Invoice Data Entry.
5. Put in the Vendor N0. and Invoice No., and you will see the Invoice Adjustment popup, click Adjust.
6. Next put in a negative amount in the Adjustment Amount and Post the Invoice Register, this will reverse the Invoice.