Thank you Carol Gabrielsen from Unemployment Consultants, Inc. for your article.
The Illinois Department Of Employment Security (IDES) will be mailing the 2020 Rate Determination on or about December 1, 2019. It is important that each Employer verifies the rate as assigned with the 15 day protest time limit.
The Employer can also go to their account with IDES at mytax.illinois.gov and get the Rate Determination from that portal.
Errors to look for on the Rate Determination:
- Most of the errors will be found when reviewing the BEN 118, Statement of Benefits Charges, for the period listed on the Rate Determination.
- Benefits paid to an Employee when the Employee was denied benefits.
- Benefits charged to the Employer when the Employer is not the chargeable employer.
- Benefits charged to the Employer when the benefit charges are to be a pooled cost.
- Benefits paid for more than 26 weeks or benefits equal more than 26 times the weekly benefit amount.
- Benefits were allowed at one level of protest and then denied on appeal and the credit was not applied.
- No claim was received on the Individual listed on the BEN 118, Statement of Benefit Charges.
- No response to the protest of the BEN 118, Statement of Benefit Charges.
- No BEN 118, Statement of Benefit Charges was received for a quarter where benefit charges are listed.
Any questions please call Unemployment Consultants, Inc. at 847 670 0590.